Incorporating DISC training into a well-being training session
Mental well-being is vital to manage in our fast-paced world environment which has high expectations from every aspect of life – both inside and outside of the workplace.
I've been asked to provide guidance to a large team who want an understanding of how they can better understand and manage their own mental well-being and that of others within the organisation.
My proposal is as follows:-
A half-day (3 hour) virtual training will cover the following points:-
· What is mental well-being and why is it important to understand.
· Techniques to manage individual mental wellness.
· Learning how to potentially identify team members who need support and be a critical friend to them.
· How diet and nutrition affect mental well-being.
· Simple strategies to improve mental well-being.
· An introduction to the DISC model behaviour profiling and how DISC relates to overall health and well-being.
· Individual DISC Health Formula™ profile assessments will be provided for each attendee.
· Group feedback will be given on how to interpret the DISC results and what to do in the case of potential health challenges arising from the assessments.
Within a half-day session, the basic concepts will be introduced. Further coaching, mentoring and accountability can be provided as potential follow up if required.
Elaine Godley, MBA, O.A. Dip (Psyche) was recently voted Best Health and Wellbeing Mentor 2022 -UK. Godley is a master coach, mental health first aider, DISC behaviour specialist, biohacker and qualified nutritionist.
A three-time Amazon #1 bestselling author, Elaine has contributed to eight books on business and health topics and has been a public speaker for 30 years. Confident in the spotlight, Elaine has been interviewed on podcasts, national radio and TV. Elaine is a former health radio show host, who currently hosts her own health podcast and a weekly online health club. She is a 4-time cancer survivor (she was given less than 1 -year to live in 2015 with stage IV cancer and beat it in 3 months), who has personal experience of supporting individuals at risk of completing suicide, volunteered on a cancer telephone helpline for two years and has an adult son with neuro diversity.
Elaine has developed a unique online tool to identify well-being which is available to attendees as part of this session.
DISC Profiling for Mental Well-being
If I've missed anything, please let me know. I only have 3 hours to fit heaps into. Feedback welcome folks to firstname.lastname@example.org